Standing on top of a mountain, pausing for a moment, enjoying the stunning panorama of the mountain landscape. Numerous lakes, natural rivers, lush mountain pastures as well as the prominent limestone massifs of the Dachstein, Totes Gebirge, Sengsengebire and Höllengebirge mountain ranges are full of contrasts. Hiking paths, trails, cabins, mountain pastures, viewpoints, thematic trails – Whether you prefer an easy walk around the lake or an ambitious mountain hike, here, everyone will find a suitable path.
Active & Lively
Zest for life means to enjoy the moment. Whether you want to burn off energy during sports or rather relax in nature. No matter if it’s spring, summer, autumn or winter. The Bergrose Hideaway is the perfect starting point to get to the bottom of freedom and to broaden your mind. In the Salzkammergut you can explore many things – beautiful things, interesting people, pure aromas.
Cycling & Biking
The intelligent network of cycle paths in the Salzkammergut is a paradise for cyclists of all kinds. Mountain biking, cycle racing, e-biking, gravel biking – From easy family routes to difficult mountain trails you will find everything here. For those who want to combine cycling with culinary pleasures, the route around Lake Wolfgang, known as “Bike the Lake”, is the perfect choice.
Water sports at Lake Wolfgang
Next to a dip in the crystal-clear water, Lake Wolfang has to offer a great variety of water fun. Diving stations, boat rental and one of the highest cliffs for jumping into the lake worldwide. Limitless fun and water sports guaranteed.
Water sports at Lake Wolfgang
- Swimming: Crystal clear water. Extraordinary water quality. Pure swimming pleasure.
- Sailing, Surfing & Kitesurfing Sun, water, wind & experienced sailing trainers – pure floating.
- Diving: Trial lessons, diving courses, cave diving – pure adventure.
- Water-skiing: Race across Lake Wolfgang on water-skis – pure water fun.
- Rowing: Canoe, kayak, rowing boats – pure paddling pleasure.
- Boat sports: Paddle boat, e-boat & SUP – pure boat adventure.
- Cliff jumping: The Falkensteinwand cliff. 25 metres high. Pure adrenaline.
- Fishing: Drinking water quality. Unique natural treasure. True fishing paradise.
One of many ways to find yourself with us, an additional balance, just like standing on a peak on a cold winter’s day. You can book individual yoga sessions directly on site or you can borrow our yoga equipment at the reception.
- Sustainable yoga supplies for the duration of your stay
- Hideaway BachSpa: Indoor pool and jacuzzi with mountain view, sauna, two steam baths, new relaxation room with a view of the surrounding nature, wild garden with our comfortable oasis for resting and access to the crystal-clear Weißenbach river
- Individual programme of activities in the Salzkammergut
Magnificent golf courses, excellent golf clubs and great drives surrounded by a unique scenery. Around Lake Wolfgang as well as in the whole Salzkammergut there is a great selection, the golf courts are full of diversity and the panorama is impressive.
Golf clubs in the surroundings
- Golfplatz Eugendorf
- Golfacademy Salzburg Rif
- Golf & Country Club Gut Altentann
- Romantikcourse Fuschl
- Golfclub Römergolf, Eugendorf
- Golfclub Attersee Traunsee, Regau
- Salzkammergut Golfclub, Bad Ischl
- Golfclub Am Mondsee
- Golfclub Drachenwand, Mondsee
- Golfclub Weyregg am Attersee
Beautiful climbing gardens, fantastic via ferrata for all levels of difficulty and breathtaking climbing routes – From beginners to professional climbers, at Lake Wolfgang you will certainly find the perfect route for you. In the neighbouring regions of the Salzkammergut further unforgettable climbing challenges await.
Boat trips on the lake
Excursions on the water, awesome views and a feeling of limitless freedom – A boat trip on Lake Wolfgang is a very special experience for young and old alike. Also, numerous starting points for hikes can be easily reached by boat. Board the excursion boat in Strobl and you can go to you to St. Wolfgang, Abersee or St. Gilgen.
1190 metres of altitude difference. A length of 5.85 km. The steepest steam-rack-railway in Austria – Those who enjoy being up on the mountains but don’t like hiking that much can climb the Schafberg mountain with the Schafbergbahn, which has been in use since 1893. A 45-minutes’ drive full of views and adventures.
Bad weather? To wet, to hot? – That’s not a problem in the Salzkammergut, because you’ll still have the possibility to immerse yourself into one of the three Salzwelten (worlds of salt). Hallstatt, Altaussee or Hallein, a visit in one of the three Salzwelten is a great experience for the whole family.
The mystic world of the Dachstein giant ice cave, numerous tours, cable cars – and don’t forget the stunning view at 5fingers. What an adrenalin rush, when you stand on top of the viewing platform and enjoy the alpine panorama, 400 metres above the precipice. The Dachstein is definitely worth a visit.
Skiing & Snowboarding
Powder snow, panoramic views, the charm of mountain cabins, perfectly prepared slopes, and soft winter tourism – The skiing regions around Lake Wolfgang are perfect for skiers and snowboarders, for beginners as well as for advanced skiers or snowboarders.
Skiing regions in the surroundings
- Postalm Winterpark: located only a few kilometres from Lake Wolfgang, largest high plateau in Austria at 1200 metres above sea level, sunny, soft winter tourism.
- Zwölferhorn in St. Gilgen: demanding slopes, insider tip for skiing in deep powder snow and for snowboarders
- Gaissau Hintersee: Can be reached in 40 minutes from Strobl, family skiing region, 9 lifts, 3 skiing schools
- Freesports Arena Krippstein am Dachstein, Obertraun: over 30 kilometres of freeride and powder snow slopes, altitude difference of 1500 metres
- Dachstein West: 8 regions, 160 kilometres of slopes, fantastic panorama of the Dachstein
Ski tours & Cross-country skiing
Snowshoe hiking, sledging, cross-country skiing, ski touring – Your winter holiday at the hotel Bergrose also offers a lot apart from skiing on the slopes. Winter sports can be that individual, relaxed and authentic.
Cross-country skiing trails in the Salzkammergut
- Wolfgangtal & Seefeuerloipe: 5/10/15 km
- Postalm: 5/10/15 km
- Langbathsee Loipe: 12.7 km
- Panorama Nova Höhenloipe via Bad Goisern: 2/5.5/7.5 km
- Rettenbachalm Bad Ischl: 7.5 km