Nature and culture in a holiday on Wolfgangsee
For your holiday at Wolfgangsee an abundance of excursion destinations and sights await. Nature and culture form a perfect symbiosis in the Salzkammergut – and thus ideal prerequisites for an unforgettable holiday. Mountains and lakes, ice caves, ravines and lovely valleys are located over a small area. Excursions and sights in Salzkammergut. Sites of natural beauty and places to see, which you aren’t to be missed in any event during a holiday in St. Wolfgang:
- The city of Salzburg (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site) with Hohensalzburg Fortress, Hellbrunn Castle, Zoo, Old Town
- Bad Ischl: former imperial summer residence with emperor’s villa, spa park and esplanade
- Towns around Salzbergbau: Hallstatt (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site) on Hallstätter See with salt mine, ossuary and museum, Hallein with its ‘Salzwelten’, Keltendorf and Keltenmuseum, Altausee with salt mine
- Ice caves: in Dachstein and in Werfen (biggest ice cave in Europe)
- Open-air museum in Großgmain: historic farmsteads and numerous cultural (traditional) events. In Winter horse-drawn carriage rides through the open-air museum.
- Wolfgangsee voyages by boat, Boat trips
- By gondola to the Zwölferhorn in St. Gilgen, Alpine hikes
- Ausseerland: Hike from Altaussee to the Loser, hike around the lake, traditional and cultural events
- Gmunden und Traunsee: Visit Orth Castle and the famous fisherman’s pulpit in Traunkirchen
READY FOR HIKING?
Weihnachten in der Bergrose!
Stimmungsvoll - beschaulich - romantisch - traditionell
ZUM JAHRESWECHSEL IN DIE BERGROSE!
Feiern sie Silvester am Wolfgangsee!
Relaxation and recreation!
Fresh from the market!
Hand made Jam!